Thursday, September 22, 2011

Triumphant Return

I find myself back in Eorzea, fresh off the boat once again, exactly one year to the day from the time I first set foot upon her shores. Nimla and I have returned from our travels abroad to visit with friends and family of our homeland. We had a fantastic time away, but were always longing to resume our lives in Eorzea. I found myself unburdened by thoughts of the Empire and of the Echo while I was away, but they lingered yet on the edges of my mind - knowing that some day I would have to return to see set right what was wrong with my new homeland. We hope to someday raise our children here and want very much for it to be safe.

It All Begins Again

Sadly we missed one of the year's biggest festivals - the Firefall Faire which took place in the hot summer months. We were fortunate that our dearest friend Eowynn had managed to get her hands on some delightful Lalafell swim gear that was circulating around the time of the Faire. Though we missed the hot months of summer in which to show them off and swim, we will have them for next year at least.

Unfortunately, our return was also marked with sadness. The Moogle Knights had disbanded, and our friend Eowynn was leaving Eorzea indefinitely to pursue career opportunities abroad. These turns of events left us feeling a little lost and certainly lonely as we made our way through the streets of Limsa Lominsa. Some former Knights had decided to band together under a new banner and invited us along, but we needed time to think on what we would do with our future - which now seemed wide open. I decided it was time for me to leave Moogle Incorporated, though, Nimla decided to stay with them longer.

After parting with Eowynn and discussing the prospect of joining this strike team known as Blizzard, we discovered that we had returned to Eorzea on "Foundation Day." It is a festival being hosted by the Immortal Flames of Ul'dah to commemorate the creation of the Grand Companies of Eorzea more than a millennium past. There appears to be fireworks and other manner of festivities all around the three city-states to celebrate the Grand Companies and the Eorzean Alliance. Nimla and I were not much in the mood to celebrate, but with days to come perhaps we, too, will fire off some fireworks.

Swimming in Aether Plaza Fountain!

No comments:

Post a Comment