Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Speculations on the Echo

Over the past year I have trained heavily in martial and magical arts in order to prepare myself for the looming invasion of the Imperials. It occurred to me at several points that many people only succeed at one or two things by dedicating themselves to those things. Though for me (although it certainly is not instant) I pick up a weapon and become as skilled as any around me within a matter of weeks. I have trained heavily with both conjury and thaumaturgy as far as I could. I turned my attention to the sword and shield, the bow, fisticuffs and finally spear and battleaxe. All of these things I have tried and succeeded and I wonder if the Echo has something to do with it.

Y'shtola told me on one fateful day to seek the truth of the Echo and while I have not quite understood her promptings I have dedicated myself to learning these ways of war and magic. I feel I will soon have  mastery over carpentry and alchemy as well. Could it be that any pursuit I try my hand at will meet the same fate? Could it be that the Echo is honing within me a renaissance adventurer - skilled at all he touches? I fear to grow too self-confident and slip up, but so far only Ifrit has stood on equal terms with me and those who fight with me on the battlefield. Nimla, too, has become a master of all arms available to us in Eorzea. We are ready to fight for the future.

As for where to go from here - I still seek information on the Echo. I will turn my attention to fighting the Empire when and where I can and focusing on the crafts I have yet to truly tackle so that I may be as versatile and mercantile as possible. The Maelstrom will find use for these skills, I am sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment