Saturday, February 5, 2011

Dragon Tales

I was in Ul'dah and asked to stop in and see Damielliot in the children's ward of the Phrontistery.
When I saw him he was muttering about dragons in his sleep. Apparently he had been telling the kids in the ward a story about a dragon and a kidnapped boy. It seemed to be of importance so I decided to head back to Nogeloix at the front desk. He wasn't interested in dragons, though. He told me they had discovered a new reagent that might help Damielliot's condition - and guess who they decided to send after it.

I headed up toward Gridania - not exactly part of the world I wanted to journey to but the health of Damielliot was of great concern to me. I am greatly interested in the sleeping boy and his stories.

I tracked down this starfall grass to the Adventure Guild in Gridania. A hyur by the name of Penelope who was reluctant to give any information, despite claiming knowledge of it. We engaged in parley! She was a worthy opponent but I bested her in words of alchemy and Ul'dah. She handed over the starfall grass on condition that I told her one of Damielliot's stories.

I told her as much as I knew of the story about the boy kidnapped by bandits and saved by a dragon. She went on to tell me the same boy was saved by another smaller, weaker dragon when he was abandoned by the bandits in the forest. She went on to tell me the Archbishop of Ishgard has forbid stories like these be told so I should guard my tongue in these parts near Gridania and Ishgard. I assume its because they are in the middle of some crusade against dragonkin.

After some running around with members of Moogle Inc., I headed back to Ul'dah to deliver the grass and relay to the children the end of the dragon story I had heard while in Gridania. I thought to regale them with stories of conquest and triumph against the vile creatures Eorzea has put  before me, but decided that the simple story of a boy and his dragon would be just what the doctor ordered - so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment