Sunday, January 23, 2011

Pixie Remora

I dropped by Fisherman's Bottom to see if I could find Sisipu to tell her that her passion had worn off on me. I asked at the front desk and was promptly told I don't have the true heart of the fisherman yet. A challenge was put forth and I accepted as I was registered in the logs of the fisherman's guild. Although no one knew where Sisipu was at the moment, I was sent off to find Maisie who was in the guild hall somewhere.
Nice Hat, Maisie
Maisie explained to me that in order to trap and defeat Sahagin the pirates and Barracuda Knights needed to bait them and in order to bait them they needed to send out pullers to bring in bait. She gave me the tools required and sent me out on my way to bring back bait for the guild to use to fight Sahagin. I keep hearing about these nasty beasts, but I've yet to see one. Perhaps if I fish up their bait I'll get to encounter one or two. Then again, hopefully not.

I set off on my quest to track down pixie remora - beloved by Sahagin everywhere. It took me a good part of the day to track down a pack full of remora, but I scoured the cliffs from Skull Valley out to Bloodshore and managed to come up with a decent sized haul.

I returned to Maisie who told me being a part of the guild meant fishing for a greater purpose - more than food, gelt or sport. I don't know what "gelt" is but I know what she means. I thought I saw something out of the corner of my eye as I was leaving the guild - a lalafell perhaps - but only for an instant and then it was gone. Perhaps it was the Echo reacting to someone or something?

I left a message for Sisipu and headed out to put together a bamboo fishing rod. My pine rod has gotten all worn out and nearly unusable.

No comments:

Post a Comment