Thursday, January 13, 2011

Summoned to the Ashcrown Consortium

Minfilia summoned me to Waking Sands today.

She spoke to me of crystals (my new business venture!) and how the guilds have trade agreements with the beastmen tribes for abundant amounts of shards and crystals to supply the craftsmen. She spoke of something called the Ashcrown Consortium that works as an intermediary between the tribes and guilds. Apparently, the tribes of late have been refusing trades and asked the Path for assistance. I was hand picked for my help with the sylph affairs that I carried out a few weeks ago. I was flattered. I hoped Hero would show up soon as well.

Tataru told me to find the headquarters of the Consortium in Gridania. She said Hero had been here before me and was already on his way there to join me in the Black Shroud. Looks like I was being swept off into a whirlwind adventure with Hero.

I made my way to Gridania and settled some affairs at the store with Bonchacha. I'd have her stop by Little Ala Mhigo on her way to the wards at Ul'dah which has become the hub of commerce over the last couple of months. It's where I hope to make my fortune.

At the Ashcrown Consortium I walked in to find sylphs fluttering about. The attendant at the door introduced himself as Hedyn and told me someone called the Interlocutors had been expecting me. I was joined by Hero in their main office where I met Chief Interlocutor Shanga Meshanga and the sylph Troxia of the Grove who was also a Chief Interlocutor. I didn't want to look like an ass, but what the heck is an interlocutor? I was told how the sylphs founded the Consortium and the guilds relied on them for the exchange of crystals for many years.

Chief Interlocutor Meshanga asked if I'd heard of the primals (eikons, the Empire referred to them). As a matter of fact, I do recall hearing word of the primals. I was eager to learn more. They explained to us that the beastmen discovered the primals required crystals to maintain a presence in Eorzea. As a result trade has come to a standstill and the beastmen grow ever more aggressive towards the city-states and the sylph traders.

They would have us go to Eastern Thanalan (I just came from there!) and use the gift to understand the Amalj'aa and parley with them. Hero decided for us to meet up again at Camp Drybone. I would gather my things and head out as soon as possible. The life of a Walker is very complicated. I suppose I knew as much when I signed up for the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment