Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fresh Off the Boat

Call me Shai.

I am a Dunesfolk Lalafell and proud of that heritage, but I recently decided to start a new life in the lands of Eorzea. I am beginning this journal in the spirit of this new start in foreign lands. Not long ago I set out from my homeland, crossed the seas, and arrived in Limsa Lominsa, city-state on the western edge of Eorzea off the coast of La Noscea island. I decided I would come to this continent to be closer to my wife who was studying Conjury in the city-state Gridania. However, the crossing was not easy on me. I have grown up surrounded by rock and sand and was uneasy surrounded by so much water. Additionally the last leg of our voyage was marked by a brutal storm.

During the commotion I heard a strange voice beckon to me. I left the shelter of the cabin to come above deck. To my surprise as the crew struggled to keep the vessel on course, monsters flooded over the sides. Perhaps stirring them from the sea was a strange display of lights in the air. I had a basic understanding of Conjury myself so I decided to help repel these creatures - known as Aurelia - along side a Miqo'te and a Roegadyn.

After felling three of them on my own I managed to pick up a balloon fish that one dropped, but before I could study it further the ship became overwhelmed with monsters. They seemed to be fleeing or perhaps guided by a massive sea serpent that jumped clear over our ship. I might have died if the Miqo'te, Y'shtola, I believe her name was, hadn't erected a protective barrier around us. Thanks to her I made it through the night and into Limsa Lominsa's welcoming port the following day.

It was quite the adventure and I hadn't even set foot in Eorzea yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment