Thursday, September 23, 2010

My First Adventure!

I was breathless at the sight of Limsa Lominsa, but once I had collected myself Captain Hob graciously accompanied me to the Mizzenmast - an inn frequented by sailors and adventurers of all sorts. Among the crowd I lost track of Hob and met Baderon. He had the appearance of a grizzled pirate himself, but knew his way around the Mizzenmast so well he was perhaps the proprietor. He warned me briefly that Eorzea was no place for the unprepared but thanks to letters from my wife Nimla, I felt prepared.

We were interrupted when the Miqo'te who had saved me previously (Y'shtola) came into the Mizzenmast. She spoke curtly to Baderon about some hidden treasure out at a place called Seal Rock. I have to say my interest was piqued, but there was mention of a group called the Knights of Barracuda guarding this area. I plan to look into this in the future, but before I could inquire the conversation ended, my eavesdropping ended and Baderon once again turned his attention to me.

He explained any adventurer worth his weight around Limsa Lominsa would do right to affiliate with guilds and try their hand at Guildleves - requests or projects the guilds required. I was interested in the advice and new in town so Baderon went as far as to hand over one of these Guildleves, which had the appearance of a tarot card with information on the back. Baderon was looking for someone to take care of a certain rat infestation problem he'd be facing lately and issued this Guildleve (leve) to any adventurer willing to take it.

It directed me to Camp Bearded Rock just at the other end of the long bridge connecting Limsa Lominsa to the large island of La Noscea. Though I was tired of my journey I felt a certain urge to test my skills on the shores of Eorzea. I headed out to Camp Bearded Rock.

It was there I was able to initiate the Guildleve and begin my hunt for a number of plague rats that had made a nest nearby. I found them quickly and irradiated them with my conjuring skills. There was a rush of excitement as I did my first bit of work in this new land - and I was promptly rewarded with a large some of money. Perhaps there were investment opportunities in store.

I needed to return to Baderon to thank him for his kindness, but it began to rain and I took cover in a cave that led me to this very scenic vista of Linsa Lominsa. I was so moved by the view that I knew in my heart that this was now my home and I would be in Linsa Lominsa for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment