Saturday, September 25, 2010

Making a Living

I needed a way to make a living in Limsa Lominsa, so I poked around local guildleves and decided I'd try my hand at carpentry. My first task sent me to a (rather eccentric) lalafell named Bango Zango who asked me to work on bronze gigs for the fishermen of Limsa Lominsa. I set to the task at hand and found the work rather enjoyable change of pace from the action packed life of conjuring outside the city walls.
Shai at Work

I also did some work for Baderon at the Mizzenmast. I helped him get some new willow counter tops. He mentioned while I was there that I did a good job on that task earlier (the plague rats) and he showed me a neat technique to recapture some of my lost magic points - "Tranquility" it's called. After finishing up work at the Mizzenmast, I headed out to Camp Bearded Rock where I also finished a few planks for the Knights of Barracuda. You don't want to know what they were going to use them for...

Mustache Chop!

Peculiar Structure
Once I ran out of guildleves I decided if I was going to work on being a carpenter, I'd probably need some good materials - so I bought a hatchet and set off into the wilds to gather some! I really enjoy the relaxing nature of Botany. I feel at ease out in the wilderness, not worrying as much about being attacked by wild animals or other terrible creatures. It was a nice change of pace. I hardly noticed it was "actual work." While I was out near Skull Valley inspecting trees, I did come upon a peculiar structure. I don't know what to make of it but I'm guessing it's some kind of dock. Perhaps... airships land here? Not while I was working they didn't. Perhaps I'll know in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment