Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fish on the Menu

I bumped into Baderon at the Mizzenmast today. He told me if I still had a fresh ballonfish, they'd pay good money for it over at the Bismark - which is a training ground for all the best chefs in Eorzea as well as (arguably) the best restaurant. As it turns out, I've been keeping that fish alive in a small construct I built so I decided to turn it over to the Bismark - it had nothing to do with the fact that I was starving and hadn't had a decent meal all week. Honestly, can't even remember the last thing I had eaten before that. Anyway, Baderon also said he'd write me up a letter of recommendation to the Knights of Barracuda if I wanted to stop by there later.

I approached the man at the counter, Charlys, who welcomed me graciously but before I could offer him the fish I'd "caught" on my arrival to Linsa Lominsa we were interrupted by a formidable roegadyn named Lyngsath. He was telling me of the rarity and culinary delights of ballonfish when a familiar face walked into the Bismark. The mi'qote woman who saved me aboard Captain Hob's ship - Y'shtola - interrupted Lyngsath. (Was she following me? Did she overhear from outside?) She asked if the balloonfish's rarity had anything to do with the sea serpent we saw that night aboard the ship. Lyngsath didn't know much about that but he did know the stories say that serpent is the guardian of the treasure at Seal Rock. This must have been music to this treasure hunter's ears (and I admit I was moderately interested as well).

Eating at Bismark

After she left, Lyngsath paid me handsomely for the balloonfish (2000 gil!) and I turned around and had a decent meal. I still had to find out more about Knights of Barracuda.

No comments:

Post a Comment