Saturday, October 2, 2010

Turning Lead to Gil

Due to the nature of imbuing conjuring elements into a maple branch (thus forming and repairing a maple wand) I have had to travel frequently to the city-state of Ul'dah in order to procure growth formula from their alchemy guild. Sales have slowed, but I still have a supply to sell before I move on to willow wands which also require a touch of alchemy to perfectly attune to natural elements.
Silly Alembic
With that in mind, I decided to study the craft during today's trip to Ul'dah. Fortunately a member of Elysium, named Skald, unloaded a great deal of murky, muddy water on me while I was there and I managed to use a newly acquired alembic to purify it into potable water. It was a good test of my skill and a good introduction to the wonders of alchemy. While I do not intend to pursue alchemy as a true profession, I will use it to augment my growing skills as a carpenter for some time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment