Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Set Loose Unto the World

I stopped by Coral Tower early this morning to inquire about their investigation. No one there seemed to know me or what I was talking about - I suppose their troubles at Seal Rock have taken precedence. I see no reason why I should stick around Linsa Lominsa then. I have a business to run and monsters to slay. It's time to move on to my next project - making my maple wands start budding. This is going to require a bit more skill in alchemy and a growth formula beta rather than alpha.

I spent a few hours scrounging Skull Valley for beehive chips. My wife Nimla arrived to give me some rock salt and minium she had uncovered near Ul'dah. I promptly turned those into table salt and quicksilver respectively in order to practice alchemy. I attempted to make a growth formula, but it failed in the last stage so I don't wish to waste any more materials until I can either upgrade my gear or find a suitable laboratory to hone my technique.
Nimla Joins Me in Skull Valley
The leader of our linkshell and an old friend also passed through to sell me a new saw he'd found in his travels. I can finally throw away my weathered saw and start using this chocobotail saw. I feel much closer to a budding maple wand than when the day started - and I have quite a bit of miscellaneous items (table salt, mostly) to sell when I head back to the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment