Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Most Confusing Day Ever

Now that my head's cleared and I had a chat with Baderon at the Mizzenmast - I understand that Rost got me away from the Knights (and I owe him thanks) and Captain Hob is still being detained. Apparently I blabbed about the key to the Knights (and even Baderon heard about it) and told me to check things out over at Gods' Grip which is out in La Noscea. So I gathered my things and set out from Linsa Lominsa once again. I'm still a bit nervous about it all, but Y'shtola told me to find this key and Baderon says to start at Gods' Grip. What else can I do?

I didn't know quite where to start looking at Gods' Grip but I knew where I saw Emerick in that area. I headed straight for Sisipu's favorite fishing spot, close to Oschon's Torch. Sure enough, she greeted me as I approached. She knew about the treasure and about Emerick. She seemed to be well informed of the whole situation - and confided in me that Commodore Sthalmann had already recovered the treasure I was looking for at Gods' Grip. I decided to relay this information to Baderon through the Adventurer's Guild linkpearl.

He didn't have any good news. He said the Barracuda Knights were looking for me and I should turn myself in at Coral Tower. I do respect the authority of the law, but their inquiries are getting tedious. I hoped this wasn't about that pistol incident again. Though, if Sthalmann does have the key then perhaps they'll be answering some of my questions as well. A lalafell can hope, anyway.

Knights were rushing about the place reporting on the Reaver ships seen all over the area. I was only interested in the key, though - and that they didn't get their fish scales on it. I ran into Captain Hob who was ... hard to read. He seemed glad enough to see me, but irritated that I got him into this mess. He told me to get my story straight that we were there to help the Knights against the Reavers and nothing more - certainly nothing to do with Emerick.

The hyur named Reyner questioned me about the events - and while I tried to stick mostly to Hob's story, I did mention the sea serpent incidentally. The commodore arrived and I was able to piece together that he had managed to drive off the serpent by tossing the tablet I'd seen at Mealvaan's Gate into the sea. The sahagin had also withdrawn from Linsa Lominsa territory and the fleet was now safe for a time. He also accused Y'shtola of being a spy! Reyner seemed to think the Admiral had vouched for Y'shtola but Sthalmann clearly had his own ideas on the matter (again).  He said he was meeting with her soon at Gods' Grip and Reyner admitted there wasn't enough evidence to hold me - so it looked like I was on my way to Gods' Grip once again. I needed to face Y'shtola myself and tell her I failed to locate the key.

I headed out to Sisipu's fishing spot and found a hyur man named Blackburn fishing there. He told me a story of Sthalmann coming to fish her to find what he once lost. After that- things got weird. Blackburn disappeared and Y'shtola was at my side, warning me of the danger that was coming. Sthalmann. I knew it.

Y'shtola asked him for the key, but he refused and demanded to be taught how to use it. He alluded to the murder of the Admiral in the confrontation. Their words led to battle, but as they fought before me (and I was too stunned by their raw power to act) the key, a horn, began to glow and then everything ... warped. Y'shtola and I were alone at Sisipu's fishing spot - or where ever we seemed to be.
Y'shtola and I in the "Past" Reality
We were able to see Sthalmann conspiring with Emerick and Mero. They apparently received the Knights' charts from Sthalmann himself and passed them on to the sahagin. This was all an elaborate plan for him to become the next Admiral of Linsa Lominsa! After that revelation we were ... shot out of this twisted reality, this vision of events prior to our arrival in Linsa Lominsa.

Y'shtola muttered something about "the Echo" and my connection to the past - did I do this? Then Sthalmann was on her again, but their fight was interrupted (before it even began) by dark clouds gathering in the sky and an explosion - fireballs rained down all around us and when the dust cleared the elezen man I had seen aboard the Reavers' ship was there with us. He bested Sthalmann with his bare hands and took the key from him - which he absorbed into his body. Y'shtola tried to stop him but he melted into ... shadows, it appeared. Was he an Ascian? Reality began to twist again...

I heard Blackburn's voice, but when I awoke I was in a bed at the Mizzenmast. Baderon told me Blackburn was an old friend and he asked me to come to see him in Ul'dah. I think Baderon knew something I did not - he gave me the impression he felt - obsolete somehow - as if I had out grown him. I felt a tinge of sorrow, but also excitement at what awaited me in Ul'dah.

No comments:

Post a Comment