Monday, October 4, 2010

The Steelmaster

I made some ash canes today to supplement Bonchacha's who selling maple wands like hot cakes. I was actually working on maple spear shafts when Baderon contacted me through his Adventure Guild linkshell. Apparently he heard of my exploits at Oschon's Torch. He also seemed to know I'd been dabbling in alchemy and said if I really want to turn lead to gold, I should head to Naldiq & Vymelli's - the Blacksmith and Armorer Guild.
Busy at All Hours
I dropped in on the guild, but Bodenolf seemed reluctant to hire me as an adventurer. He mentioned I'd have to speak with Steelmaster H'naanza and get her vote if I wanted any employ with their guild. Smithing itself didn't peak my interest at this time. I decided to stick to carpentry and alchemy. These skills are in demand in Linsa Lominsa since the guilds are found in other city-states. This does prove a bit more challenging for me, however - and a lot more travel.

As I was leaving Naldiq & Vymelli's I happened upon a conversation between Commodore Sthalmann and a miqo'te named H'naanza. Apparently things weren't going well with Seal Rock. They also had a ship full of pirates in lock up for question on something they may have had as cargo. Though the commodore was reluctant to discuss it, there seem some connection between the Sahagin, Seal Rock and that sea serpent I had seen the night I arrived. When he noticed me standing there, Sthalmann threatened H'naanza and I not to discuss such matters. It was then that Knights showed up to inform him of things gone horrible at sea. Apparently someone in the 5th Levy had betrayed the fleet.
Steelmaster H'naanza is Formidable
I spoke briefly to Steelmaster H'naanza who said she trusted Bodenolf's judgment. I felt like I was getting the run around at this guild, but clearly Baderon sent me here for a reason. I stepped back inside to talk to Bodenolf again and found H'naanza speaking with Rostnsthal. Have I seen him somewhere before? Apparently he had some problem with the ship the guild made for him and H'naanza had some problems with his line of credit.

Now that Baderon had sent me on this wild goose chase around town, he decided to call me back to the Wench. He gave me six thousand gil! and told me to drop in every now and then in case he had more work around town for me to do. He seemed surprised I still had my head on my shoulders; he doesn't know me very well yet. I'll be around for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment