Monday, October 25, 2010

Path Companion

I got a message from Tataru via the linkpearl she gave me. (I was also surprised to find I had a linkpearl from Stillglade Fane and Oak Atrium - they must have slipped it into my reward marks without me noticing). She told me Minfillia had good news about my choice of companions and she was waiting to introduce us. I was still in Ul'dah fortunately so I made my way to Waking Sands.

There was a short wait before I was introduced to the young man - his name was Delt, but he told me I could call him whatever I wanted (and since I was inspired to choose him because of my old friend Elden, I decided to give him the same nickname). I call him Hero. The difference is that Elden has earned that nickname while Delt still has to prove himself. Hero offered to buy me a drink and so we arranged to meet at the Adventurer's Guild.
Shai and Hero, Walkers of the Path
No more than an hour later, I arrived at the Quicksand and spoke with its proprietor, Momodi. She directed me to their finest table where I met up with Hero. We spoke a long time and I told him of my adventures over the last month living in Eorzea. He also mentioned seeing the starshower I had witnessed. He told me that the gift made him feel he was destined for a higher purpose - serving the Path and bringing aid and justice to Eorzea.

He understood that I had duties to perform both as an adventurer and carpenter, but said if I ever had need of him to contact him via the Path of the Twelve linkpearl. He was confident we would be able to handle any task asked of us by the Path and Minfilia herself. We parted ways on good terms and I look forward to working with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment