Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Coral Tower

I dropped in at the Coral Tower today. Baderon had dropped off a letter of recommendation and I was curious about the mysterious treasure at Seal Rock. I wasn't terribly interested in joining the Knights, but I still couldn't pass up the opportunity. I met with the attendant - Isaudorel - who instructed me to go downstairs for an aptitude test.

I was handed a flintlock pistol and instructed to do my best, but something about my firing stance drew attention to me before I could even fire. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but I wasn't taken very seriously. Fortunately attention was taken off of me by an elezen named Merodaulyn. The recruiters seemed quite taken with him. I am certain he earned a position on the Seal Rock unit.

I however did not. I was recommended to 5th Levy which was described to me (in not so many words) as the lowest of the low among the ranks of the Knights. I also came under suspicion as a pirate until my papers with the Adventurer's Guild cleared. There was still a matter of the pistol, though, which had been taken from me before the aptitude test even began. Isaudorel seemed to think I still had it on my person.

Overlooking Knights of Barracuda HQ
I was instructed not to leave town until the investigation was concluded. That will seriously hinder my ability to make gil and survive in this town on carpentry and good looks alone. I hope the investigation concludes quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment