Friday, October 8, 2010

First Contract (Carpentry)

This morning I decided to take some jobs as a carpenter for the supplies and the experience. Bango Zango had me make a handful of ash fishing rods for the fleet which was a real challenge for me, but I was able to handle it. It gave me more confidence that I could work with ash and similar types of wood. I restocked with Bonchacha in Upper Keeners - she's not only my store front, but also my lumber yard. While I was doing this, I got a contract from a local blacksmith. Knowing I could now work well with ash, I agreed to make twelve ash hammer grips for the price of thirty thousand gil. It was perhaps a bit on the cheap side (considering all the wind shards it consumed) but a profit is a profit. I also managed to recruit the blacksmith into Elysium since the linkshell was lacking in that regard lately.

I intended to work on carpentry and perhaps fashion myself some new weapons - but I was pulled away by Elysium member Alma to fight dodo's east of Limsa. Fighting the good fight consumed the rest of my entire day.

No comments:

Post a Comment