Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pirates!

When I awoke this morning at the camp at Skull Valley I was summoned to battle by the Battlewarden. He instructed me to kill enough stray dodo to draw out the kobold he'd tracked into the valley. I managed to defeat four dodo, an ocean roseling and five weevils that attacked me all at once - to draw out this kobold. Though nervous I was eager to test my abilities as a conjurer against this intelligent foe. Although his spells stung quite painfully, my magic was stronger than his. The Battlewarden rewarded me with 2000gil and I set off on my way back to town.

I returned back to Linsa Lominsa to check the guild for leves and manage Bonchacha's store front. While I was passing through the Mizzenmast, Baderon motioned for me. He mentioned there were a lot more rumors floating around the Mizzenmast about the sea serpent. Speculation says it may be the legendary creature bound by the goddess Llymlaen. While we were discussing the creature, another adventurer came to report what we already knew - the Knights had fallen at Seal Rock. Apparently during the dispute with the sahagin, the Misery, a ship of the Kraken's Arms (pirates, I gather) made it to Seal Rock. The Mizzenmast was abuzz with rumors and whispers. It was then that I noticed Y'shtola again.
She has a Budding Wand! I'm jealous.
She was standing just outside the main area of the Mizzenmast. She noticed me looking at her and approached. She didn't seem to remember me (which is odd since I feel like she's following me) but asked if I had come across any shadowless figures working with the sahagin. Now that she mentioned it - there had been something odd about Emerick so I told her what I'd seen. Our conversation was interrupted by a horn sounding outside - it sounded like a war horn and Y'shtola called it "Astalicia" but I'm not sure what that means.

I asked Baderon what "Astalicia" meant and he told me it was the marauder ship down in the harbor. He also said if I wanted to know more about the sea serpent and the last time it surfaced to attack I should ask the pirates aboard who helped drive the beast back out to sea. Apparently the Astalicia is home to a guild that welcomes pirates and trains them with axe skills. I had to admit - I wanted to meet these marauders. I headed down to the Astalicia.
Astalicia at Dawn
As I stepped aboard, I was surprised to see how many qiqirn were aboard. A miqo'te named Ighii Moui warned me to leave them alone; she said they have a place on a ship as lookouts and formidable warriors with a hatred for sahagin. I took that under advisement and went to search for someone who could answer my questions.
Buburoon of the Astalicia
The one-eyed pirate Rostnsthal offered to take me to the serpent for some coin and drink. Although skeptical I gave him a few gil and promptly received a roegadyn punch to the chest. Rage filled me and I thought to reach for my wand, but I held back unsure if I could match skills with this rugged pirate. Our scuffle was interrupted before it began by inquisitive Knights. Although the pirates tried to repel them Commodore Sthalmann knocked them off their feet by himself. One-eyed roegadyn are formidable! Sthalmann demanded to see Carvallain.

A pirate captain dressed all in blue strode up from below deck, taunting the Commodore at his defeat by the Sahagin. Sthalmann demanded Emerick be turned over to the Knights! I was nearly floored. Whoever this Emerick is he's certainly important. I wish I had apprehended him at Oschon's Torch! The Commodore accused Emerick of selling sea charts to the sahagin and being responsible for their defeat. Carvallain was disgusted by this idea and grudgingly allowed the Knights to search the ship for this traitor to Linsa Lominsa. How do I get caught up in these situations? I trailed discreetly behind the search party.

I caught Carvallain talking to another captain named Rhoswen about her man Merodaulyn selling the charts to the sahagin. So the plot thickens, but Merod had been caught up in the ambush so Rhoswen was interested in this  betrayal by Emerick on a personal level. I decided to catch up with the Knights before the captains over heard me. I caught up to the Commodore just as he hoisted a battered body (which appeared to be Emerick) over his shoulder. I heard no signs of a scuffle so he must have been mistreated before the Knights found him in the cargo holds.

Thinking the festivities to be over, I made my way back topside hoping to get off this crazy ship. I was stopped in my tracks by the sight of Rostnsthal - I had forgotten our previous engagement in the bustle of the Knights' raid. He apologized for the misunderstanding earlier - told me if I happen to gut some Barracudas, he'd make me a member of his crew. It was a tempting? offer but I'd like to leave the Knights guts on the inside for now. I don't need the Commodore breaking down my door and dragging me out in my sleep. Rostnsthal left the Astalicia and once he was out of sight - I returned to my regularly scheduled day.

This was enough festivities for one lalafell.

No comments:

Post a Comment