Saturday, December 4, 2010

I managed to meet up with Hero in Gridania. His research had shown that Moonspore Grove was north of Nine Ivies - a camp in the eastern forest. We decided we would meet there and head north. I gathered my things and set out for Nine Ivies.

We were met with unfortunate news at Nine Ivies. The Empire had found Moonspore Grove and the Sylph were in a state of distress. They pleaded with us to sneak into the Grove and save their podlings  - which is sylvan for children, I infer. They promised to use their conjury to confuse the Garleans while we sneak in unnoticed. Hero was a bit shaken by the idea (especially of being captured and tortured). He asked me to decide and I knew in my heart as a conjurer and as a fellow inhabitant of this realm that we had no choice. We were sent to help the sylphs however we could and this was what we had to do. Hero understood how I felt and questioned no further.

The sylphs used their magic to lure away the large forces of the Garlean and seeing their mammoth machina in this pristine forest was truly upsetting to behold. Hero and I managed to sneak through one of the most breathtaking environments that I have ever laid eyes on until we reached the outskirts of Moonspore Glade - there we were given charge of the podlings - where were actual pods! - and made our way back toward Nine Ivies all without incident. We had to outsmart (and with a little sylph magic, simply hide) from several of the Garlean scouts, but we were successful.
Hero & Shai Infiltrate Moonspore Glade
Hero spoke to the sylphs about what they would do and if they would leave the forest. They said they could not for they were of the forest and I understood their meaning. They also spoke of considering to fight and summon their primal (what Hero referred to as their sylvan god) but that would cause more pain than solve their problems. The sylphs told us that the primals darkened the hearts and minds of mortals - that the Ixal and Amalj'aa had changed somehow (the other beastkin of the forest).

The conversation was cut short when a group of three approached. They seemed to know we were Walkers and scouting the area - they took our report and dismissed us. They wore masks and seemed formidable. There was a roegadyn archer named Satzfloh, a miqo'te conjurer named Una Tayuun, and a mysterious masked elezen named Percevains who was perhaps a thaumaturge. Hero took this as his cue to head back to Ul'dah and urged me to file my report personally with the Antecedent.

I will do so at my earliest convenience - but I must admit this information about the other beastkin has me intrigued.

No comments:

Post a Comment