Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I Meet my First Moogle - and He's Pudgy!

I found myself back at the Botany Guild today, the Greatloam Growery. I signed my name to the registry with a roegadyn named Opyltyl. He told me of a very special relationship the Botanists of Gridania have with the elements, moogles and conjurers. He said I should speak to Cicely for further instruction as a fledgling guild member.

Greatloam Growery Gardens!
Cicely told me that the conjurers had contracted the guild to clear out weeds by the township of Quarrymill. I hadn't been there since those children at the carpenter guild tricked me into doing their chores. This sounded vaguely similar since Cicely herself wasn't coming with me. She said something along the lines of weeds not interesting her. Well, I don't mind cutting a few weeds. I headed out for Quarrymill.

I cleaned up the weeds in the area. As I wiped the sweat from my brow, Cicely showed up and told me I had done a good job. She complained about the boring, menial tasks of tending the forest and spoke of a wanderlust to see all the sights of Eorzea. She then dismissed herself thinking conjurers were coming - but it was a moogle! He commented to himself about her desire to leave, but her tendency to stay and be one of the most gifted botanists in the land. He didn't know I could understand him using the Echo. I assured him I wouldn't let a word of his thoughts reach Cicely's ears. I headed back to the guild to tell them my task was complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment