Monday, December 13, 2010

Grendel Goat

Since arriving in Eorzea and surrounded by vast amounts of aether, I have tried my hand at learning the art of thaumaturgy which manipulates this energy into a variety of spells unlike those of conjury. I've had Skald of Eorzea be my mentor through much of the training, but today I found myself passing Ul'dah where the guild, Arrzaneth Ossuary, was located so I dropped in to register as a thaumaturge even though conjury held sway over my heart.
Arrzaneth Ossuary
I spoke with the young lalafell woman at the desk, Yayake. She gave me a lecture on Nald'thal - the realm of life and the realm of death. She instructed me to be pious and virtuous in life to be rewarded in death. It was a little over my head and I wondered if perhaps I signed my name in err, but after her brief lecture about the tenets of Arrzaneth Ossuary, she directed me to Prelate I'llofii- a miqo'te thaumaturge who would guide me. She handed me an ossuary linkpearl and sent me on my way.
Prelate I'llofii
I'llofii (impressed me with her awesome scepter) discussed with me the rigorous training a thaumaturge must endure to understand the meanings of life and the scope of death. She read to me a last will and testament of a merchant who died recently and read to me that in order for the Order to receive one third of his estate he requests to be avenged if he died due to unnatural causes. So this was my first task as an official thaumaturge of the Order of Nald'thal at the Arrzaneth Ossuary. I was sent to dispatch this villainous goat.
I Got You Cornered Now!
I tracked the creature to the cliffs near Camp Horizon where we had our final showdown. Unfortunately I had to fight my way through the entire herd to get to the goat marked for death. Once I defeated it an enraged nannygoat - presumably its mother! - charged me from out of nowhere (nannygoat = ninjagoat?). She was quite formidable! I had to use all my available wits and skills to put her to rest and save my own skin.
Goat Marked for Death!
Goat Marked for Death's Ninja Mother!
Having completed this task for the Ossuary, I decided to head back to Prelate I'llofii and report my success. She rewarded me in guild marks which I converted into training in a thaumaturge skill referred to as "firm conviction" which increases my resilience while casting spells. I hope this carries over to my conjury as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment