Monday, October 17, 2011

Ifrit Bled and We Killed It

I have been struck with a burning madness for nearly two weeks. It was ten days ago that Louisoix gave my companions in Fedaykin an opportunity to slay Ifrit. When our work there was interrupted by the Nael Van Darnus and we were expelled back to Gridania, Louisoix told me that there was yet another way - a way to re-enter the Bowl of Embers and defeat Ifrit but if he had absorbed the aether that Van Darnus had let bleed freely from the land he would grow more and more powerful until he could not be stopped. Thus a challenge had been issued and I gathered my allies around me and set to the task with blind obsession guiding my every waking moment on this earth.

We got ourselves Inferno Lamps made from the tapers found at the Amalj'aa stronghold of Zahar'ak. We readied ourselves as best we could, but we were only throwing ourselves to our own defeat. Many brave warriors fought and died before me, only to be revived by our best healers and set once more against the monster. I fought for my Fedaykin: Nimla, Elden, Alma, Jigi. I fought for my friend Shadow's Sound of Elysium with Narctiss, Dark and Merton. I fought side by side with Calamity Jane and the Orchestral Army including Ullr Hellfire and Minai Ruo. Finally I fought with my old Moogle Knight allies known as Blizzard - but our efforts were no match for Ifrit's power.

Fedaykin & Allies
I spent my nights talking with Nimla, wishing I had the strength to fight on. I couldn't sleep. I barely ate. Only the soup offered to me by Chick kept me nourished enough to fight on and try harder. After three or four days of all my best efforts I sat down with my old ally Shin Metsu and we decided to hand pick a team we thought would see us through to the end, but even that fell to the might of Ifrit. It was not until a brave group of foreign adventurers took Shin and I under their wing and taught us how Ifrit could be defeated by slow and steady attacking and dodging, weaving in and out rhythmically, knowing when to apply pressure and when to ease off. I owe much to Yuri Aureus for showing us that the it could be done, truly if it bleeds that we could kill it.

What's the Battle Plan?

While our team made up of Fedaykin and Sound of Elysium tended to their wounds on our fifth day of throwing ourselves at this harsh fate, Shin made an alliance with a new group of warriors. He had left Sound of Elysium and I disbanded the Fedaykin. Resolution was born. We gathered our strength and our courage and together decided we would unite to slay Ifrit the next day. Sadly, we grew tired as the day wore on and though we made several close attempts at the primal's life, we decided to cool off for a while. We knew that victory was within our grasp and we would have him the next time we gathered at his door.

We had planned to take a break, but something unexpected happened. Snow Storm approached me over the Blizzard linkshell and asked who I could muster. Apple and Minna from our newly formed Resolution responded to the call and together with Snow, Ruri, Grimlock and Lord we finally saw this through to the end. Through the combined efforts of two strong teams coming together and using a strategy that Shin and I had been honing for ten straight days, fine tuning it with him all the times I could not bring myself to fight, we did the unthinkable and defeated the Primal of Fire.

Resolution & Blizzard Combination Victory!
Congratulations to the newly formed Resolution and our allies in Blizzard! It was long time coming and well earned. I feel that my days will no longer be haunted by the claw marks across my back and burns along my legs and arms. Nimla was lucky enough to get a bow made from Ifrit's horns, and I lucky to turn them to claws. We stand triumphant together at last. Now I must think and turn my attention to other Primals that the beastmen have summoned. I must protect Eorzea from the coming storm.

We Fight for the Future of Eorzea!

No comments:

Post a Comment