Monday, May 2, 2011

All for Love and Alcohol

I had hoped to have a relaxing afternoon, but instead had a small adventure.

I was having a drink at the bar in the miner's guild when I noticed a drunk Roegadyn carrying on in the corner (to himself) and despite my better judgment I thought perhaps I could help him. I stood a moment beside him before he noticed me at all and I gleaned from his mutterings that he had lined up some important meeting after quite a deal of work on his part and had come in for a drink to take the edge off when he had spilled a large sum of alcohol on his best shirt. I shook my head and chuckled and was about to walk away when he noticed me.

Mohtfryd in His Glory
It was obvious by my attire that I was an adventurer, as I doubt this man had heard of my Dodo Slaying skill set anytime recently, and I saw his eyes light up as he scanned me. I feared the worst, but all he asked of me was to retrieve milkworms which he could use to remove the stain, if I would hurry. He told me the worms were a favorite food of moles north of Camp Black Brush.I finished my drink quickly, set aside all reservations I had, and headed out into the field for this poor gentleman.

I rooted around for the worms, fought an angry mole or two, and returned to Mohtfryd with the worms.

This Will Hurt You More than Me, Mole
He was delighted. He could now meet up with the love of his life! I didn't know this was over a woman, but I feared she still may not be impressed with his lack of sobriety. Well, at least he had a clean shirt and as thanks he handed me an old cotton tabard - I'm not sure why he had one sized for a Lalafell, but I didn't bother to ask. Mohtfryd and I parted ways, but I was glad for a change of shirts, myself.

Lance Training Never Looked This Good

No comments:

Post a Comment