Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cactuar Jack & Nest Commander

Today Nimla and I set out into the wilderness of Thanalan to hone our skills against some of the toughest monsters we could find and we were not disappointed. We stumbled into Cactaur Jack, a formidable Cactuar opponent who pushed me to the limits of my conjury and thaumaturgy skills and Nimla getting her first taste of what it means to bring an axe to the front lines.

Capturing Cactaur Jack

Cactaur Jack
  • Nophica's Wells (16, 35)
  • Fist of the Sixth Sun
  • Conquistador's Elmo


I also set out on my own later that day to hunt a giant ant referred to as the Nest Commander. I found him easily north of Horizon, but wondered how he got his formidable name. The only nest he may have been commanding were the hundreds of goats in the nearby dusty hills. Perhaps I found him on a bad day, or a scouting mission - but he appeared to be far from home and easily fell to my magic skills. I managed to pull a very well crafted mask out of his exoskeleton that had been lodged there for who knows how long and later learned it belonged to one known as "Nighthawk."

Nailing the Nest Commander

Nest Commander
  • Camp Horizon (11, 25)
  • Nighthawk Visor

No comments:

Post a Comment