Sunday, May 22, 2011

Drafted into Service at the Arcanist Guild

I was bringing some coral into Limsa Lominsa when I was asked to step into the Arcanist Guild (which functions as a customs house for the city) and was addressed personally by Haldberk. Nimla and I were pulled aside and told of a tragic situation brewing due to a misunderstanding at customs and how the guild was powerless to win out in this situation without our help.  All we had to do was track down this expensive cargo that was tossed overboard during the confusion and bring it back to the customs house and all would be forgotten with the the Brugaire Consortium, the Admiralty and the Arcanists. As an additional incentive, my coral would be carefully guarded by Haldberk while we were out investigating.

Haldberk's Proposal
 Nimla and I began tracing the currents to the east side of La Noscea, in the vicinity of Camp Bloodshore where we conducted an extensive search. We finally tracked down the cargo amongst the bluffs but they were swarming with jellyfish creatures which we quickly dispatched. We hauled the precious cargo back to Haldberk where we were quietly rewarded with some extra pairs of canvas half-gloves and my own cargo was released to my care. Haldberk mentioned in passing as he showed us out there were legends of people who could speak and understand all languages and what a benefit that would be to the customs house if such a thing truly existed.

Jellies Overrun La Noscea
 It reminded me of how rare and special the Echo truly was and how few people understood it completely. I remembered that simply being able to speak and understand the beastkin tribes was suspicious enough these days to face exile or deportation. Nimla and I bowed our heads and hurried off into Limsa Lominsa to carry on with our business - and I thought to myself for the first time (I think it was the first time, anyway) that being an famous adventurer had its downsides.

No comments:

Post a Comment