Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Discovering the Maelstrom

I returned to Limsa Lominsa to inquire about the Grand Company there.

I found myself at the Musketeer Guild, the Knights of the Barracuda headquarters naturally. I was directed to Ginnade, a female Hyur knight, who told me the Knights were currently gathering information on how to best enlist the help of the various pirate organizations of Limsa Lominsa to rally them against the Empire. Although I knew they had incredible technological advances, it was the first time I'd heard the name Garlemald's imperial airship fleet and wondered what sort of decimation they could cause to the island of Vylbrand.
Meeting with Ginnade
Due to my inconspicuous nature as an adventurer, she asked me to meet with the Barracuda informants and report back to her with information they could use to unite the feuding pirate clans. I met with Z'onggo, a Miqo'te fisher at the guild, under the cover of moonlight and she told me the Salthounds were starving under their captain's gluttony and that long ago the Maelstrom super fleet had been formed with pirates simply by offering them fat enough purses. 

Fisher Z'onggo
I met a Miqo'te named W'hahtoa aboard the Astalicia who claimed its captain wanted only one thing in this world his luck and fate hadn't brought him already and that was command of an airship. This was interesting news indeed and seemed far more likely that the Astalicia would side with those who could readily make that offer available, the Imperials, if the Admiral didn't make a move ont he Astalicia soon and promise them their share of the glory of fighting for Limsa Lominsa.
Pirate W'hahtoa
Ferdillaix discussed with me the prospect of offering absolution for their sins and crimes. He mentioned it was a method Ishgard used to enlist people into the knights to take up arms against the Wyrmking and his kind. He also mentioned this had worked for the Maelstrom in the past - according to historical notes.

Faithful Ferdilaix
Frailoise of the Culinary Guild said the way to a man's passion was through food, naturally. He mentioned the Bismark was commissioned for the Maelstrom previously using the lure of full bellies to entice the crew. This is the first I'd heard of the Bismark and I was curious to learn more about it. Frailoise knew little else unfortunately.

Chef Frailoise
Finally I met with Arnegis who is a ship builder at Naldiq & Vymelli's who said the promise of more ships and more captains would win over many hearts among the pirates and I had a feeling he was right along with the others. It seemed the Admiralty had a lot of tools at its disposal to sway the hearts and minds of the sea dogs of Limsa Lominsa. I headed back to the Coral Tower to speak with Ginnade.

Smithy Arnegis
Ginnade was surprised at the thorough report I had compiled and added to her notes that it was perhaps the  adventurers that the Admiral should turn her attention toward winning over rather than the anarchist pirates clans that remained difficult to bridle. I was flattered she was so pleased with my work. She gave me a stein of dusken draught for my effort in compiling this information. The dusken draught is a brew distributed among the Lominsan Armada to provide quick recovery from wounds. It was a treasure indeed best saved for a day when I'm in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment