Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Yarzon Leftovers

I have been learning how to use a bow under the tutelage of Moogle Knight Captain Ndeee.

I've come a long way so I decided to receive training from the archers' guild in Gridania. I knew they worked closely with the Conjurers to carry out the will of the elementals and the voice of the forest. I was excited to get more training and be in the Black Shroud - where I feel slightly more at home than the seas of Limsa Lominsa and the deserts of Ul'dah.
Nice to Meet You, Keelty
The guild paired me up with another archer novice named Keelty and told us we were to help defend the forest from the threat of the Ixal - who I had tangled with a few times. Keelty explained that they prey upon the weak and young animals of the forest. Though I question the accuracy of the information since I'm not familiar with Ixal culture - if it's true it's certainly cruel and harmful to life in the forest. We set out to patrol from Camp Emerald Moss.

I found an Ixal north of Lake (Something) and chased him away from the group of yarzon it was killing. Unfortunately the yarzon turned on me. Once I had put them down (and they did not seem weak or young), I ran after the Ixal to make sure he was gone and found Keelty lying on the forest floor. She was unharmed (so what was she doing on the ground?) but thought it odd the Ixal was hunting yarzon which are not indigenous to the Black Shroud.
Leftovers Again?
 I learned something today. Where did the yarzon come from? Between the yarzon, the Ixal and the Garlean soldiers - how many invaders are the elementals trying to fight at once? It seems like a big task for the people of Gridania. I headed back to Gridania with those thoughts on my mind. I checked in at the guild where they were none to happy that Keelty requested we split up when we were supposed to be relying on each other. I didn't mean to cause her any problems - I handled myself just fine and I felt bad she fell down or tripped or whatever happened to her. I'll have to apologize to her in the future if I caused her any problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment