Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Master of Fish

I made it over to Limsa Lominsa for the first time in a long time. I had a good purse of fisherman marks that were burning a hole in my pocket so I set out to see what I could buy. Of course, fate had other plans. N'nmulika was excited to see me - apparently I was popular among pullers. She said I was invited to a meeting the guild was holding about the future of the guild and there had been some questions on whether or not I would attend. I headed toward Wawalago's office and was disturbed by what I found.

Several guild members were filing complaints against his somewhat scandalous behavior yet he talked them into heading to the open seas to start the biggest sale in Limsa Lominsa history. I can't believe he talked his way out of it and the meeting adjourned before I even got a word in. They were off to the sea to pull to their hearts' content with Wawalago in the lead like the pied piper of fishermen. I swear this place is a circus and Wawalago its ring-master.
I Could Do This All Night
I decided to join in on the fishing frenzy and set out to reel in as many hammerhead sharks as I could in a day's time. I hopped on the ferry to Thanalan and fished along the ferry docks until the next ferry came to take me back to Limsa Lominsa. I managed to catch 9 sharks and 2 black sole in the short time I spent on the docks. It probably wasn't record setting, but I needed to meet the deadline and wasn't willing to surf the aether using my anima for a silly guild competition.

I made it back in time, but was only allowed to receive money for a single shark. The sale ended almost as quickly as it had begun - but then some pullers were granted an extension, and by "some pullers" I mean the miqo'te named Daca. I'd have a word with the netmaster about this. Apparently there was a small queue forming at his office; I ran into Sisipu and Maisie. He would grant none of us an extension. He wouldn't even open the door and show his face. Of course, me dancing in my underpants to amuse him had to come up, but he would not be moved. He told us to use our brains to figure out why but I decided I'd use the Echo instead. He mentioned Sisipu of all people should understand so I decided to see into her past.

Sisipu & Maisie
I found myself on a ship during rougher seas than I've ever known. Chaos surrounded me, but Sisipu alone remained calm. Someone fell overboard and a roegadyn was about to throw himself into the seas in order to rescue, but Sisipu commanded him to undress lest his armor weigh him down and he drown as well.

The Echo took hold and I was suddenly in a different past. We were standing on a balcony on the upper levels of the city overlooking Limsa Lominsa in the moonlight - a beautiful vista. Wawalago was on his knees before an enchanting lalafell woman named Dedela. She was breaking up with him and he appeared heartbroken. It was then that he decided to create a dance known as the Rapturous Ronde in order to keep in shape and impress his lost love Dedela. I noticed Sisipu was also eavesdropping - which explains how the Echo brought me here via her memories.

Once again I stood before the netmaster's office and although I think I understood why he felt "less was more" (so to speak) and his desire to dance - I decided to turn the Echo on Maisie to see what was in her heart. We stood on the docks overlooking the Barrel which was bustling with activity - people of all profession gathered around to ... wait what? I was standing there on the barrel in those ridiculous white panties he made me wear DANCING in front of all these people! Maisie heard them talk about how fun the guild looked and such, but honestly, old man - aren't there better ways to attract customers and guild members?

I can see the logic in it - but oh the humiliation!

Well, in the end, I didn't get an extension and I did see the reason for my humiliation a few weeks ago. I was allowed to purchase one of the guilds guarded secrets aptly called "Master of Fish."

Call me Shai Hulud, Master of Fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment