Sunday, April 24, 2011

Tending Azeyma the Warden's Flock

I overheard a sermon being shouted by a Roegadyn claiming to be the voice of Azeyma the Warden. I decided to listen what Swaenhylt had to say in hopes I could learn something about these lands or maybe even the Archon. He lived in seclusion for many years at Abalatia's Spine and returned to preach what he had learned about Azeyma in his seclusion. He asked me to swear myself to her cause. He asked me to track down four lambs who had strayed from her flock and hear them confess their sins.

Swaenhylt, Voice of Azeyma the Warden
I don't know about swearing my soul to Azeyma's cause, but I decided I would track down these lost souls and hear the story of how they became so lost from Azeyma's guiding light. I didn't know what I hoped to gain, but so far taking these little jobs has brought me a lot of insight into the history and lore of Eorzea - something I am truly interested in and sinners tell the most interesting tales.


I found Flavielle first at the Adventurer Guild in Gridania. She confessed to have obtained an Ixal horn by questionable means simply to learn more about the Ixal. It seemed like a pretty weak confession. Hopefully the others were more colorful. The more I talked to her the more I understood she had some twisted, curious obsession with the Ixal. I felt bad for her almost.

I struck out for Quarrymill, where Swaenhylt had said I would find another sinner in need of confessing. I wonder how he knew of them since Flavielle seemed to be confused how I knew her at all. Keketo confessed to scaring her neighbor after seeing some sylphs pull similar pranks in the forest. Are these things really the things Azeyma would smite her followers for? I don't even want t go out of my way to head to Ul'dah and Limsa Lominsa. These sins are ridiculous.

Repent Prankster!
I decided to expend some anima in order to speed up my mission. I was starting to regret accepting this task and didn't want it to take any longer than necessary. As I assumed, Ceadda (who was hanging around the Customs Office) confessed giving in to his exquisite tastes and eating at the Bismark. I tracked down Thimm again in Ul'dah who said he had fallen from the path since Ala Mhigo had fallen and he was driven from his homeland. He drank too much. Well, I'd taken their confession - it was time to go back to Swaenhylt and see if this was all as foolish as it seemed.

Spokesman of the Ala Mhigan Refugees
Sadly all Swaenhylt had to say on the matter was that I should not worry for these souls any longer and that they were once again tended by Azeyma. Her judgment was coming soon and all we can do is take as many as we can under her wing. Well, he offered me some flatbread which I'd munch on for the next few days but otherwise this quest that took me all over Eorzea was perhaps a giant waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment