Thursday, April 14, 2011

Nut Grabbing & Puk Slaying

I was in the Alchemist Guild buying some fine sand when I ran into a lalafell named Kukusi.

I'd seen her before but we had never spoken. She was always toiling over charts and clearly interested in the finances of the Phrontistery (perhaps a member of the Syndicate that I've heard about). Today though she seemed especially vexed so I spoke with her and she told me the city was overwhelmed with people who could were unable to get a good night's sleep. Rather the opposite of Damielliot's problem. She asked if I would be willing to gather some slumber nuts from nutgrabbers outside town. They're marmots if you're curious.
Death to Nutgrabbers!
I grabbed a spear and headed out to Camp Black Brush to find the nutgrabbers. They were easy enough to find and kill and each one was grabbing a slumber nut. I wondered what they taste like but feared I may fall asleep on the job so I took the nuts back to Ul'dah. Kukusi was happy to have the nuts (she's a nutgrabber) but was worried about those who were beyond the help of medicine. Those people had been referred to the thaumaturgy at the Arrzaneth Ossuary and I worried about their workload. I thought I may stop in and see if they need help.
Thanks for the Half-Robe
For my troubles, Kukusi gave me a cotton half-robe which looks pretty good, especially with my fisherman unmentionables underneath. I thanked her and headed for the Ossuary.

Arrzaneth Ossuary decided to send Nimla to train in Limsa Lominsa. I wondered if she was asked to complete the training I failed recently, but didn't want to get involved in that discussion. I decided to go with her and was hanging out at Naldiq & Vymelli's where I assumed she would turn up to recruit for the Ossuary and met another lalafell woman named Hihine. She told me a brief history of the guild and its founding members, Naldiq the Wright and Vymelli the Smith. When she found out I was an adventurer she asked if I'd be willing to take a job without dealing with the Adventurer's Guild. Since I was killing time waiting for Nimla, I agreed.
Discussion about Bridge Building
She asked me to head out to a bridge which the armorers of Limsa Lominsa are tasked with repairing and clear out the nest of puk that live there. It seemed easy enough so I headed out to the bridge with spear in hand. I'm enjoying all the training and experience I'm getting with the spear lately.

Stay Off That Bridge!
After clearing out the puk nest, I headed back to Limsa Lominsa where I met Nimla at Naldiq & Vymelli's. Hihine noticed my new cotton half-robe and gave me a cotton coif to match it. I'm collecting quite the unique outfit.

Cotton Coif Obtained

No comments:

Post a Comment