Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Goblin Negotiations

I was heading to the Adventurer Guild in Limsa Lominsa when I found a curious sight.

A goblin by the name of Sweetnix Rosycheeks was standing between levels of Limsa by a bunch of crates. I wasn't sure if he was hiding or if this was simply where Limsa kept its goblins so I decided to stop and speak to him. He asked me in his strange speech to exchange "tongueflaps" with the "Cudaman" named Ryssfloh at Camp Bearded Rock. Curiousity got the best of me (and I love "jinglyshine") so I decided I'd visit the guild later and headed out to Bearded Rock.

GIVE ME ALL YOUR JINGLYSHINE!
Ryssfloh seemed annoyed by the request but divulged to me the history of Bearded Rock and how the Yellowjackets are tasked with patrolling and defending the land-based assets of the Thalassocracy. The name originates from a time when criminals were strung up on the rock years ago and a particularly vicious villain by the name of One-eyed Wylfred refused to succumb and was chained up so many months he grew an enormous beard until one day the guards reported there was only beard and no pirate. Local legend says the moss growing on the boulder was still Willie's beard.

Tongueflap with Ryssfloh
He went on to tell me how the Yellowjackets, Thalassocratic Navy's First Squadron Second Levy Infantry, were often scoffed and laughed at - the subject of continuous budget cuts as the men of the sea saw little use to defend the strategic outposts along the island of Vylbrand and the lands of La Noscea. I supposed this was all the tongueflap Sweetnix needed so I decided to return to him, wondering why he couldn't walk himself out of the city. I decided not to dwell on it.

Sweetnix seemed most interested in the budget restraints of the Yellowjackets and mentioned the rusty swords and worm-eaten shields they are forced to use day after day, but then offered me 2,500 gil to be on my way so he could make his plans. I wonder what plans a goblin would have for the Yellowjackets.

No comments:

Post a Comment