Friday, April 29, 2011

Urianger Augurelt

The day I was dubbed Dodosbane I had heard some strange reports as I was leaving Gridania. The weather was worsening and so I was eager to leave for Ul'dah rather than pay these stories much heed, but some events closer to home have made it hard to dismiss as mere rumor. I had heard briefly some whispers that "deaspected" crystals had begun circulating around the Black Shroud. These crystals totally drained of their elemental aspect were being found cropping up all over when they had never been seen before - not altogether unlike the "unaspected" crystals of Mor Dhona.

I had also heard some mysterious, robed prophet had been seen and circulating around the camps of the Black Shroud preaching stories of gloom and doom, death and destruction imminent. I thought nothing of this as I made my way out of the Black Shroud and through the Golden Bazaar to Ul'dah. It wasn't until after capturing Kokoroon Quickfingers that I heard a report come over the Moogle Knight linkpearl. A Knight had seen the prophet in the very streets of Ul'dah itself!

He spoke in a tongue unfamiliar to us but one I've heard among a small population of Ul'dah residents. The word on the street was that his message was broadcast in multiple languages to all the people of Eorzea. Regardless of the language, the message was clear. "Our fates are not predetermined. The 6th Astral Age is ending and the 7th Umbral Age is upon us. Prepare to fight the good fight for our very survival and future."

He vanished instantly and rain beset the entire region of Eorzea. Reports came in from as far away as Coerthas and La Noscea that the rain had been pouring down as soon as he had gone. The city-state issued a statement to ignore these ridiculous, false prophecies and run this man out of camp if we are to see him again, but what can this all portend? Could he truly see the things to come? It is certainly unnerving.

I hope to see him for myself in the days to come - to question him at the very least.

No comments:

Post a Comment